CTimes Tech Forum –
The Design challenges for Smart TV and Its Testing Key Points
[January 7th, 2011] CTimes, as known as one of Taiwan’s well-known mass media, was in conjunction with Allion Test Labs, Inc. to hold “CTimes Tech Forum – The Design Challenges for Smart TV and Its Testing Key Points” in Taipei. This came to the pleasant end. Most of its guests came with a professional research and development background from Smart TV related manufacturers. This was indeed a great opportunity for all professionals to exchange their thoughts and ideas at this time.
In this forum, Allion’s three senior managers analyzed the trend, techniques and testing key points based on the subject of Smart TV. The presentation contained a wide range of aspects, starting from the time traditional TV being initiated, followed by the developing stages of TV towards the introduction of Smart TV, till the discovery of non-neglected common issues for developing Smart TV. Moreover, not only technical specifications but also global digital signals were especially highlighted. Real-life examples and video clips were utilized to demonstrate the concepts, ideas and analyses. Meanwhile, to perceive how Smart TV was applied in our lives, Allion had investigated in the field of software development and product integration by comparing various TVs sold in the marketplace and shared with the audience.
The audience came from backgrounds of IC design house, TV branding and peripheral manufacturers, and they gave enthusiastic feedbacks during the event. During the event, Allion especially explained and answered all the technical questions and concerns addressed by the participants. Allion also brought up lots of case studies and real-life scenarios to help them picture variant using conditions. For further details regarding the Smart TV verifications and consulting services, please welcome to contact Allion at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
1. Smart TV Technical Specifications and Case Studies
- Technical Standards: USB、HDCP、HDMI、DLNA、Wi-Fi、3D
- Case Studies: Risks and Solutions
- Discussion: Compatibilities & Verification Design
2. Smart TV Product Analysis and Testing Key Points
- Smart TV Functions (Software & Hardware)
- Global Digital/Analog Signal Reception Issues
- Testing Key Points：Hardware Spec.、Functionality、Signal and etc.
3. Smart TV Product Applications
- Google TV/ Smart TV/ Connected TV Design Concepts
- Smart TV V.S. Traditional TV: Widget & OS
- Smart TV Real-Life Scenarios