HALT, Highly Accelerated Life Test
Allion is the the only test lab in Asia to provide Typhoon 8.0 HALT testing services. Exposing your DUT under different levels of stress conditions, the testing time is reduced from months to a few days. HALT tests can expose the weaknesses of your products in a short time, enabling you to find out product defects and flaws within days.
5 reasons why you should use HALT
- Enacting accelerated tests to discover the defects, flaws, or any potential risks that could be carried on to the later stages of product development. The testing cycle is reduced from a few months to a week.
- Pushing your products to operating limits with rigorous stress tests, verification, and validations.
- Raising the reliabilitiy of your products, less likely to face recalls and warranty claims after product launch.
- Speedier tests allow developers to complete product cycle in a shorter time, and shorten time to market
- Avoid defects in the early stages of product developmental process, satisfying clients’ needs.
Discovering weaknesses to enhance your products
Developers are often annoyed with the following scenarios:
- You are about to launch your product, and you have no time left to conduct 6 or 12 months of reliability test.
- You have listed down all the potential risks and issues, but you have no means to be sure about the possible consequences.
- Your product is being recalled, losing clients’ trusts.
In fact, the purpose of enacting HALT tests is to find the weaknesses of your products when they are only prototypes. With rigorous stress tests such as vibration, high/low temperature step stress, rapid thermal transitions stress test, you can discover the weaknesses soon enough so you do not face costly suspension of product development or recall of products later.
Faster but better
Ideally, we want to find out all the defects and flaws in the early stages of product development, prototype, EVT, DVT stages, but there is usually not enough time to conduct all validation and verification tests.
HALT is designed to shorten the testing time. This test accelerates the product life cycle, so developers can comprehensively learn the defects and flaws of their products. By exposing the defects, we can focus on the critical issues and modify the products.
The bathtub curve is depicts the observed failure rate, constant failures, infant mortality rate, and wear out failures.
HALT Test Explained
HALT Test Cases
- High temperature step stress
- Low temperature step stress
- Rapid thermal transitions stress
- Vibration step stress
- Combined Environment stress
4 Steps of HALT Test
- Precipitation (Discover defects and flaws)
- Detection (Observe if there is any anomaly)
- Failure Analysis (Find the root cause of the issues)
- Corrective Action (Modify designs to wipe out the failures)
For more information on HALT test, go to email@example.com