In-Vehicle Global Navigation Satellite System Testing
Navigation satellite system seems farfetched from our daily lives. However, it is being widely applied in transportation (automobile, railway, aircraft, ship, drone, and personal devices) time synchronization and scheduling (financial industry, smart traffic system, smart city ecology)
Allion offers GPS signal testing services: Simulation Test and Road Test to offer versatile services to meet different needs.
How important GPS to our life?
GNSS is the general term for all global and regional navigation satellite systems, including the GPS (US), GLONASS (Russia), BDS (China), and Galileo (EU). Among them, the GPS is the most widely-applied system owing to its features of high global coverage and 24/7 operation.
- GPS can be used for military navigation, traffic navigation, smart living, IoT, IoV, self-driving cars, and mobile phone positioning systems. However, GPS may suffer errors and inaccuracies due to uncontrollable weather conditions, signal refraction, building obscuration, radar interference, and the hardware/software qualities of signal receivers.
- Signal errors may result in two major consequences, which correspond to the following actual scenarios:
- Slow signal transmission speed: The driver not being able to receive instant navigation information could take the wrong road
- Drift in signal position: Receiving a wrong position signal may affect the safety of self-driving cars.
Allion’s GPS testing services to reduce the risk of signal errors.
GPS receivers have signal errors which may impact driver safety. Allion’s GPS Testing services could reduce the risk of signal errors, also which could test your product on different stages of development in advance.
Simulation Test Service
Signal simulation testing is suitable for early stage product R&D. It could simulate many status of signal in different environment, and it could lower the cost of real testing. Allion provide the test testing as below：
- Acquisition Test
- Accuracy Test
- Reliability Test
- Interference Test
Why is Allion your best choice for GPS navigation signal testing?
Allion has the advantages of solid software and algorithm capabilities, as well as many years of testing experience in various technology sectors. We can offer you test services for key projects focused on satellite signal detection, namely:
- GPS Efficiency: The speed and strength of signal transmission will affect the accuracy of the receiver location , which will have a great influence on navigation directions
- Algorithm: Accurate algorithms play a crucial role in determining and deducing geographical locations, especially in scenarios where obstacles exist
- Graphics Data: The accuracy of navigational graphics data can provide users with the capabilities to accurately determine geographic imaging functions