Allion was recently authorized by the Wi-Fi Alliance as one of the first test labs worldwide to provide Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™ certification testing. As of today, Allion is also the only test lab in Asia to offer comprehensive testing regarding all Wi-Fi certification programs.
Wi-Fi CERTIFIED 6™ is a certification program based on the IEEE 802.11ax standard. A great leap in coverage, capacity, and performance to its predecessors Wi-Fi 4 and Wi-Fi 5, the latest Wi-Fi 6 offers higher data rates while enabling lower battery consumption in devices. This makes Wi-Fi 6 a great candidate in Wi-Fi services at public places, and environments with densely populated IoT devices.
The key capabilities of Wi-Fi 6, as stated by the Wi-Fi Alliance, are as follows:
- Uplink and downlink orthogonal frequency division multiple access (OFDMA) increases efficiency and lowers latency for high demand environments
- Multi-user multiple input, multiple output (MU-MIMO) allows more data to be transferred at one time, enabling access points (APs) to handle larger numbers of devices simultaneously
- Transmit beamforming enables higher data rates at a given range to increase network capacity
- 1024 quadrature amplitude modulation mode (1024-QAM) increases throughput for emerging, bandwidth-intensive use cases
- Target wake time (TWT) significantly improves battery life in Wi-Fi devices, including IoT clients
Prerequisites of getting Wi-Fi 6 Certifications:
|WPA2 Security Improvements|
|Security vulnerabilities (KRACK)|
|Optimization||Wi-Fi Agile Multiband|
Allion has been an ATL of Wi-Fi Alliance since 2004. Certification and testing regarding Wi-Fi 6 are now available at Allion Labs and please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to Wi-Fi Certification Program, Allion also offers performance test of in-premise routers and APs, click to explore our testsing services regarding TR-398 standard.