ANC Noise Cancellation: A Powerful Function
After the invention of ANC technology, noise-cancelling headphones have become mainstream. Whether on public transportation, in noisy fast-food restaurants, cafés, or airports, noise-cancelling headphones can people who need to focus on their work and want to block out external noises. However, can these headphones perform well in an actual noisy environment?
To achieve the best performance, other than carrying out tests during the product development stage, running simulations of real user scenarios in different environments is key. Different environmental factors are often unpredictable and uncontrollable. This is the reason why field testing is crucial to ANC headphone development.
Allion has invested in acoustic testing for years and our wireless acoustic testing consultant team discovered that environment simulation testing is one of the biggest hurdles for manufacturers. Other than being expensive, running such tests involves many different types of risks.
Below are some potential risks that have been summarized by our wireless acoustic testing consultant team:
- Interference from the environment
- Occupied Bluetooth frequency
- Uncontrollable ambient noise
- Various noises from the environment affect the performance
- Oversimplified acoustic testing, not considering the characteristics of the human anatomy
When the headphones are put to test in actual user scenarios such as bus stations, airports, offices, or public transportation environments, the factors that affect the results can become very complex.
Reproducing an Ambient Noise Field is Easier Than Ever
Based on the risks mentioned above, Allion can provide clients with environmental noise field testing for different scenarios and users. Our consultant team records actual noise conditions on-site and then builds the simulation of each sound field. With this type of reconstruction technology, we can help manufacturers simulate various environment scenarios to test and verify product performance.
With this technology, the services we can provide for ANC products include:
Professionally trained experts will conduct listening assessments.
- Noise cancellation performance: Experts will evaluate the noise reduction performance of ANC headphones in various environments
- Call quality: Experts will evaluate whether the noise reduction can provide a better voice quality in various environments.
Conduct objective evaluations with test standards and measuring equipment.
- Noise cancellation performance (Insertion Loss, ISO 4869-3)
- Call quality: (POLQA, ITU-T P.863)
Allion’s wireless acoustic testing consultant team can provide the most realistic and comprehensive ANC headphone testing environments. With our sound field reconstruction technology, we are confident that we can help clients improve their products.
Faster, Easier, Better! Your Most Trusted Wireless Acoustic Testing Consultant
Our consulting team has accumulated years of experience with major international manufacturers and clients. We have a variety of high-quality testing equipment, allowing us to customize tests according to different user scenarios. Allion can assist clients in improving their products in both the development phase and quality verification phase, allowing them to save time and resources in a faster, easier, and better way.
Allion has capabilities and experience in wireless acoustic. Problem analysis, on-site measurement, result analysis, and improvement strategies are some solutions we provide our clients with.
- Quickly provide product development certification strategies and modification suggestions
- Quickly provide wireless signal performance measurement testing and give consulting solutions
By implementing AI and automation solutions, Allion ensures that every test is “qualitative, quantitative, and reproducible”, helping our clients to improve product performance in a more efficient manner.
- Less labor-intensive testing methods
- Time-saving and cost-effective testing solutions
- More accurate test results
With more than 30 years of expertise, specialized technical team, and comprehensive testing environments and equipment, Allion is committed to providing clients with more improved quality of service based on extensive experience of User Scenario Testing.
- Provide a better and more complete consulting strategy with discussions
- Professional debugging support and issue isolation
If you have any questions about smart medical devices or its ecosystem, please feel free to contact us through the online form.