What is the VESA Mount Interface Standard?
Before introducing the VESA mount, we need to understand what VESA Mount Interface Standard is. The Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) specified the interface standard – the VESA Mount Interface Standard (VESA Mount)- for rear mount installation on screens, TVs, and other flat monitors. Screens or TVs in compliance with the VESA Mount have four screw mounting holes at the back of the product in order to support the wall mounts. This standard offers the specifications corresponding to screens of different sizes and weights, which are detailed as follows:
Based on the VESA MIS-D standard that is commonly found in the market, there are two screw-hole pitches of 75x75mm or 100x100mm. Take the standard “MIS-D 100×100” as an example. From the table above, the flat monitors that suit this specification are screens between 12″ – 22.9″, while the maximum weight should be 14kg. The screw specification is M4. The “M” refers to ISO metric thread, “4” is the outer diameter of the screw, 4mm, and the corresponding screw hole depth is 18mm.
VESA Mount with Core Values: Diversified, Convenient, Safe, and Comfortable
Are VESA Mount TVs and screens better than other non-VESA Mount products?
In consideration of various factors such as convenience, comfort, safety, and space design of a monitor, if a VESA mount is selected, you can install it in different places based on your own needs, optimizing life convenience and work efficiency. On the contrary, if a non-VESA Mount product is selected, you may spend much more time comparing the specifications and worrying about the potential risks of assembly failure for both products. This will require extra time and effort on the purchase. Nevertheless, as a reminder, VESA Mount is categorized into seven different standards. Please remember to select the mount and monitor with the same standard.
Currently, numerous mounts comply with VESA Mount; each of them has its own feature that can apply to a suitable place. The following are the common mount types:
In addition to the above-mentioned VESA mounts, there are mounts of other types with different functions, which will not be listed here. Given the variety of VESA mounts, where can we apply them?
Diversified Application Scenarios of VESA Mounts: Enjoy a More Convenient Lifestyle
VESA mounts are everywhere, from hospitals and smart factories to self-service kiosks, offices, and residences. Regardless of the type of mount, the user can adjust the view height and angle at any time, making his/her life more convenient and optimizing the environment.
Overall, VESA mounts have the following advantages:
- Good compatibility: Both the screw hole pitches and the screws have their corresponding specifications, so all you have to do is to make sure that the mount and screen support VESA Mount and have the same standard before the purchase.
- Effective space usage: For instance, the clip-on mount can save desk space, or the wall mount is not only aesthetic but also space-saving.
- Greater safety: Most of the VESA mounts can be fixed on walls and desks. Compared to other common monitor mounts that are placed on the desk, VESA mounts can prevent injuries caused by accidental falling.
- Diversified mounts: Currently, there are numerous mounts and wall mounts that comply with VESA Mount specifications on the market and can be applied to different places.
- Improving your sitting posture: The mount can be adjusted according to your own needs, which can reduce the potential risks that cause harm to the human body.
VESA Mount Problems from Users’ Feedback
Although VESA mounts have their benefits and convenience, Allion Labs still found several problems deriving from VESA mounts among numerous VESA Mount products. Problems from users’ feedback have been compiled and summarized as follows:
- The mount or arm cannot support the weight of the monitor, unable to be adjusted to a suitable view angle, even leading to the dropping of the mount and screen. These problems may be due to the incompliance with the product specifications or may be caused by the center of the monitor
- The rotation axis cannot be easily rotated, leading to an inconvenience of angle adjustment
- The adjustable scope of the mount or arm is too narrow
- Screw/screw hole/pitch is inconsistent with the specification or has any discrepancy
- Inconvenient assembly and difficult installation
- Uneven mount, leading to overall instability and safety concerns
- VESA mount that does not support VESA Mount, resulting in the impossibility of installation. This may be due to the user’s misunderstanding of the VESA Mount which causes him/her to purchase improper products. The other reason may be that the monitor/mount with the VESA label does not comply with the VESA Mount specifications
- Other problems: a shortage of components, poorer material quality, etc.
Among them, the following are the three most common problems
- The mount or arm cannot support the weight of the monitor
- Mount instability, with safety concerns
- VESA mount that does not support VESA Mount, resulting in the impossibility of installation.
From the content mentioned above, we know that customers care about safety, stability, convenient installation, and compatibility. Customer complaints about these issues may seriously affect the users’ trustworthiness in monitors or VESA mounts. Thus, before products are launched to the market, we suggest that VESA Mount testing should be conducted to ensure product functionality and compatibility.
VESA Mount Service
To give a better user experience for the user, VESA Mount testing is very essential. In terms of VESA Mount monitor and mount testing, Allion Labs can execute the following:
- VESA Mounting Interface Check
- Monitor compatible with Mount/ARM/Stand
- VESA Mount tip Test
- User Experience Test (For VESA Mount/ARM/Stand)
- User Guide Check
- Set up
In addition to the above-mentioned testing, we can also offer customized testing plans for your products in order to achieve the best testing effects. In addition, Allion Labs has more than 1000 monitors of different major brands available on the market. We can certainly satisfy customers’ needs for VESA Mount compatibility testing, to reduce the risks of customer complaints.