Allion Labs, Inc. is authorized by the USB-IF to be one of the first test labs to provide USB4™ Cable and USB4™ PD Electronic Marker (E-Marker) Certifications. Before vendors send their USB4™ cables or USB Type-C® E-Markers for certification, they should pay attention to the following points:
USB4™ PD E-Marker
- USB4™ E-Markers are required to be tested based on the USB Type-C® functional test specification. USB4™ E-markers must pass 4.13.5.
- Until the USB4™ connector certification becomes available, vendors need to submit a waiver application to the USB-IF if they use the previously TID-certified USB3.1 Gen2 Type-C® Plug for their USB4™ cables.
- USB4™ cables must use certified USB4™ E-marker ICs. The USB-IF has already listed a number of USB4™ capable E-markers on the Integrators List.
- USB4™ E-marked cables must be tested based on the USB Type-C® functional test specification. USB4™ E-markers used in the cables must pass 4.13.5.
Allion has been assisting the USB-IF to draft USB4™ specifications and providing signal integrity, mechanical, electrical, and environmental testing. Also, we have designed a wide variety of test fixtures which are approved by the USB-IF for signal integrity and cable testing.
- USB4™ Golden Plug
- Test Fixtures for USB4™ Active Cable
- Test Fixtures for USB4™ Passive Cable
Allion is authorized to test for all USB certification categories, including hosts, devices/peripherals, cable assemblies & connectors, and power delivery. For more USB compliance and certification details, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.